Wednesday, August 8, 2012

last day of summer vacation

today was my last day of summer vacation.  tomorrow starts up bright and early with teacher meetings and such for the rest of the week.  on monday, we have a work day and tuesday is the first day of school!  i am excited for this school year and all my new students, but i will miss summer and all the relaxation it brought.





this was a good summer.  i feel as if i were productive more than i usually am during the summer!  i made a list at the start. here it was:
1. read 10 books
2. lose 12 pounds
3. make 5 pinterest projects
4. organize literacy materials at school

here is my progress
1. read 7 books
2. lost 6 pounds
3. made 3 pinterest projects
4. completely organized literacy materials

granted i did not succeed in all areas of the list, i feel as if i accomplished a lot.  i also learned a lot about myself.  i re-realized how much i love reading.  i figured out i really DO enjoy making projects and creating.  and, i've decided i must continue to read, make projects, and keep up with that weight loss.  i need to make a first quarter goal list for myself!

here's how i spent my last day of summer vacation:

making spaghetti sauce

sewing a skirt - more photos to follow!

my mom fixed my school bag for me!

supper

my sweet little boy

No comments:

Post a Comment