Thursday, August 9, 2012

bad attitude? read this.

jake and i have had some bad news lately.  i won't go into details, but it has placed me into a spiral of bad moods and an attitude so embarrassing i'm cringing as i type this.  don't feel bad for me.




when i get into these circumstances i throw my faith in the trash.  which you know is totally the wrong time to do this.  with my bad attitude i feel as if Christ wouldn't want me...i'm a jerk, why should He love me?  i become ashamed and push further and further away.

i was reading a devotional book, Jesus Calling by sarah young,  a lady from church gave me after hearing our news.  today's reading referenced a passage that changed me.  a light bulb went off.




"throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life...instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.  put on your new nature, created to be like God-truly righteous and holy."
-ephesians 4:22-24 NLT

powerful stuff to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment