Saturday, August 18, 2012

camping

jake took me camping about 2 weeks ago.  i had never been camping before.  my idea of camping is staying in a sketchy motel.  since it was my first time, we went to a little campsite about 1 mile from my mom's house.  remember this place?  seriously, (and secretly) i figured i would end up back at my mom's house, but i did it.  i stayed the entire night.  on a hard floor.  in a tent.



dug had the time of his life.  he sniffed, and ran, and sniffed, and ran some more.  we even decided to let him eat a hot dog since we were out camping.  he enjoyed every bite.



along the campsite runs a river.  it's been so dry this summer that river is really dry and has plenty of sand bars to walk along.  jake taught me how to skipped rocks.  i'm pretty bad at it.



we ended the night with a campfire and all the fixings - hot dogs, dill pickle chips, and s'mores.  it's so weird that something as simple as building a campfire and sitting around it is so relaxing.  i had a great time and actually would love to do it again, despite the fact that i barely slept due to a hard ground, and dug pacing the inside of the tent determined to protect his beloved mom and dad.

anyway, tell me about your camping experiences!  the good, the bad, and the ugly...ok, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment